Nov 3, 2013

Time

It's been a month now since I stopped working at my parttime job and moved to Groningen. It took a while to get used to being at home and not working most of the time. I have been busy with illustrations/designs of course, but less than before. I've got lots of time on my hand now...so hello there, I'm available for paid freelance work again!
I decided to proceed with my illustrating business because, well because I still like drawing and painting and illustrating things but I'm not going to take on every job from now on and I've got to be sure that it really is what I want to do.

My last job was designing a logo for 'De Lichtdichter' a photographers duo that uses unconventional material to print their photos on. They still knew me from the art-tent at the Elf Fantasy Fair in 2012. I was happy that they really liked my painted look to design the logo with and I'm very happy with the result!


Next to that I've been looking for a job but it's pretty hard to find in the North of the Netherlands. I was kind-of offered a job in Amsterdam but I turned it down because: Amsterdam (and they weren't willing to compensate for travelling costs)...and I just moved here. It's too bad there is not so much illustration/design/game stuff going on around Groningen (that I know of) though Nick has been getting more connections lately because of his job as a game design teacher and it's been fun thinking about working on game art again, so hopefully something will come up. I miss being creative with other people...in real life I mean. I need that personal level of communication in my work if I want to stay happy. To do that I need to meet more people, so I guess that's my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment